Euphoria 2017 Volunteer Coordinators
Co Lead: Alyson Brown
Euphoria, like all other burn events, is participant and volunteer driven. For those who choose to participate by volunteering under a event team, the Volunteer Coordinators are a very essential resource. The Volunteer Coordinators play the role of matchmaker between volunteers and Teams/Team Leads. If there is a gap or a number of shifts the needs some hands/brains to staff them, the Volunteer Coordinators will do their best to facilitate filling them!
Want to lead Volunteer Coordinators for a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Volunteer Coordinator Team Lead Expectations:
- Develop a plan and strategy to fulfill all volunteer needs.
- Work with Team Leads to identify volunteer needs and build shift schedules, and help with any needed troubleshooting.
- Work with the Team Leads, Web Team and Tech Committee to build and publish the volunteer schedules on the Euphoria website.
- Be the primary contact for general volunteer enquiries via email or social media.
- Make volunteer call outs and announcements on website and social media outlets.
- Develop a plan to organize volunteer interest during the burn, working with other Team Leads.
- Be responsible for printing the final volunteer schedules and make them available for viewing by Team Lead and participants during the event.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training
Euphoria 2016 Volunteer Coordinator team