Euphoria 2017 Sound team
Lead - Justin
Co-Lead - Kevin
Sound plays a very important role in making sure our burn is not shut down with sound complaints, by pre burn work as well as a full team onsite.
Before the burn sound assists with placement in the placement of sound camps in areas of the farm where the sound levels are appropriate so not to cause issues with neighboring camps or people who live near the farm. Placement of sound camps is done by having all sound camps pre-register with the sound team with an idea of about how loud the camp plans on being.
During the burn the sound team has members on foot to respond if the EMS lead needs to determine what camp may have lead to an outside sound issue, as well as monitoring levels before it gets to that point. Sound team is mostly a night team after placement and sound checks on site have been done. The sound team has two goals:
- Assist camps in regulating their sound levels so that Euphoria does not violate local sound ordances, and
- Assist camps in moderating sound between one another through placement, system orientation, set sound level limits and bacon!
Want to lead Sound Team at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Sound Team Lead Expectations:
- Develop a plan to address coverage for the entire event, including volunteer levels needed.
- A co lead may be required for this team to ensure comfortable 24/7 coverage
- Work under the EMS lead and assist where needed
- Attend pre-event workshop for EMS SOPs and aid in post burn SOP changes.
- Conduct on-site and off-site training sessions
- Work with placement, center camp, effigy sound, sound camps and more to make sure we stay within a sound limit that does not upset the neighbors
- Identify infrastructure needs
- Set the Sound team up with something to wear that will help them be identified while on duty
- Develop an identity for the sound team, and creating a team culture that has been missing
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training