Euphoria 2017 Lamplighters team
Lead - Shane Rice
Co Leads - Amy Madyun
The Keepers of the Light - Daytime Shifts
Gatherers - The Gatherers head out after the sun returns, and retrieve the lanterns so they can be prepared for another night's duty. These essential persons also keep our light shining bright by cleaning the glass of the lanterns.
Chargers - These people are responsible for filling and prepping the lanterns for their procession out into the night, so that we might light the way of others.
Nightbringers – are responsible for the retrieval and removal of the infrastructure that the Lamplighters bring to our city. They retrieve the lantern poles, dismantle the chapel, and return the instruments of the sun back into the void.
The Nightly Procession - Evening Shifts
Carriers - They bear the burden of our dutiful work by carrying the lanterns. Volunteers for this shift must be able to carry 25 pounds of lanterns for up to 30 minutes.
Lifters - The Lifters hang our lights to shine into the darkness.
The Guide - is responsible for organizing teams during the nightly procession, checking volunteers in, helping with robes, and the distribution of procession swag.
Want to lead Lamplighters at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Lamplighters Team Lead Expectations:
Attend build weekend to direct the placement of lamp posts, and set up Lamplighters headquarters (includes a shade structure and pre-burn maintenance of the lamps).
Assist in lighting the city with your volunteers Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night.
- Completely break down and pack up all Lamplighters equipment post burn, including the cleaning of kerosene lanterns and removal of lamp posts on property.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training