Department of Mutant Vehicles (DMV)
Euphoria 2017 DMV team
Lead - Logan
The mission of the Euphoria Department of Mutant Vehicles (DMV) is to provide a safe, fun and interactive experience for all participants of Euphoria. DMV is responsible for:
- Reviewing and improve driving, licensing and mutation guidelines for Mutant Vehicles/Art Cars and vehicles for use by a disabled person(s
- Review all MV/Art Car and vehicle for disabled person(s) applications
- Inspect and license, MV's, Art Cars, vehicles for disabled persons on-site
DMV must balance the desire to have vehicles at the event with the community standards of keeping Euphoria a foot- and bike-friendly event, maintaining a level of safety, and adhering to the stipulations of our land use permit. Because of these limiting factors, not all vehicles that apply can be licensed. While this is not an easy job, the DMV believes having Mutant Vehicles at Euphoria is an important part of the Euphoria experience and work hard to make it possible. Simply put, DMV makes it possible to have MV's and Art Cars at Euphoria.
The DMV Team works hard prior to the event reviewing all MV/Art Car applications to ensure they comply with mutation, sound, safety and fire policies set forth in the MV/Art Car Guidelines. During the event, DMV will inspect and license all MV/Art Cars and vehicles for use by a disabled person, that have been formally invited to the event and ensure all non-licensed vehicles are parked in the designated parking areas.
Want to lead DMV at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
DMV Team Lead Expectations:
- Write any needed guidelines for Art Cars.
- Plan for executing any pre-registration of Art Cars.
- Staff volunteers for any needed inspection station.
- Work with Rangers, and APW to ensure participant cars are moved to parking in timely manner.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training