Euphoria 2017 Art Team
Leads - Destiny Costello & Nico Bailey (Co-Lead)
The purpose of the Art Team is to empower community members to achieve their artistic vision through logistical support as well as funding via the online art fundraiser. The Art Team works with artists on tasks like making budgets, promoting themselves and their vision, and connecting them with the resources they need. The Art Team is here to help artists develop many of the administrative and networking skills necessary to undertake an art project of any scale. In short: Do you love art, and want to help make it happen? The Art Team just might be for you! No, you don't have to identify as an artist, yourself.
We will be posting a map of placed art at Connexus for reference as well as bringing on volunteers as Art Heralders whose job it will be to run around the burn to promote checking out art and participating in the Art Scavenger Hunt. The Art Scavenger Hunt will consist of neat and tiny SWAG found in a number of hidden spots near placed art this year. On both Friday and Saturday we will also be leading tours to showcase the Art throughout the burn while providing keen and exciting backstories and history lectures of how this art came to fruition.
Want to lead the art team at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Art Team Lead Expectations:
- Work with with Placement, Sound, and Fire Safety Teams as needed to facilitate proper placement and safety procedures during the event.
- Work with the Art Fundraiser Team, as needed.
- Manage purchasing of signs and swag as needed.
- Artist outreach and central point of info.
- Publish and promote all the things art: Fundraiser, deadlines, funded projects, etc.
- Connecting artists with needed resources such as volunteers, theme camps, or work spaces.
- Support the burn's theme: promotion, guidance, discussions, etc.
- Write the call outs, and manage the submissions for any art-related event items.
- Publish and encourage submissions for the call outs.
- Experience with digital imaging preferred.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training